These installation guidelines apply to the Cordalera Enduro and Enduro Advantage products. All instructions and recommendations should be followed for a successful installation.
Required Tools: Tape Measure, Utility Knife, Jigsaw, Tapping Block or Rubber Mallet, Pull Bar, ¼” Spacers, T-Square, Safety Glasses, Broom or Vacuum, and, if necessary, tools for subfloor repair.
- Frequently moved furniture should be equipped with felt pads to avoid scratching the floor. Heavy furniture and appliances should be equipped with non-staining large surface floor protectors. Furniture with casters or wheels must be easy swiveling, large surface non-staining and suitable for resilient floors. Do NOT use ball type casters as they can damage the floor.
- This product can be installed on, above, or below grade.
- This product is warranted for installation into environments (such as “three season rooms and dwellings”) that experience extended periods where the ambient environment is either not controlled or minimally controlled allowing seasonal fluctuations in temperature and relative humidity. That said, for such installations, the product must be acclimated and installed into a controlled environment where temperatures are kept between 55°F and 85°F for a period of 72 hours prior to, during, and 72 hours after installation. Failure to comply with these installation parameters will disallow warranty coverage.
- Excessive moisture in the subfloor could promote mold, mildew, and other moisture related issues that will contribute to an unhealthy indoor environment. Cordalera is not responsible for damages related to these moisture issues. Cordalera recommends a 6 mil polyfilm when installing over concrete floors.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight as this will result in discoloration and expansion. The use of drapes, blind systems, or protective window film is required.
- Flooring should be installed after all other trades have completed work that could damage the flooring.
- All subfloor patching must be completed with a Portland based compound and fully dried/cured prior to installation.
- Inspect all planks for damage prior to installation. If you have any concerns about the product fit or finish, call Rustic Wood Floor Supply at 1-208-377-0335. Returns will not be accepted for any flooring that has been cut to size and/or installed.
- Blend and install planks from several cartons.
All subfloors must be clean, flat, dry, and structurally sound. Proper subfloor preparation is a major part of a successful installation. Subfloor must be flat – 3/16” in 10’ or ⅛” in 6’. For all subfloor prep and specifications.
Over Existing Floors
- Installation is NOT allowed over any type of carpet.
- Cordalera flooring can be installed over most existing hard surface floor coverings, provided that the existing floor surface is clean, flat, dry, and structurally sound.
- Existing sheet vinyl floors should not be heavily cushioned. Soft underlayment and soft substrates will diminish the product’s inherent strength.
- Never use solvents or citrus adhesive removers to remove old adhesive residue. Solvent residue left in and on the subfloor may affect the new floor covering.
Radiant Heat: Radiant heat systems must have a minimum of ½” separation from the product. Maximum operating temperature should never exceed 85°F (30°C). Use of an in-floor temperature sensor is recommended to avoid overheating.
Cordalera is engineered to be installed utilizing the floating method. Do not install cabinets or fixed objects on top of the Cordalera. Proper expansion space is required. Undercut all door jambs. Do not fasten wall moldings and/or transition strips to the floor and planks.